Twitter

Saturday

The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

My rating: 4 of 5 stars There are movies based on books. I've seen movies based on scrumptious books. Indulged in book vs movie contrasting from time to time. A couple of times I've seen movies and went back to their source material - the original book they were based on. This too winded up with the book vs. movie indulgence mentioned earlier. For the first time ever, I bought and read a book based on a movie trailer and related news articles. "The Lovely Bones" came into my consciousness when Peter Jackson (Lord of the rings trilogy, King Kong) announced that it would be his next movie. The trailer came out this summer. I found myself in the suspended state between book and movie unable to decide which one to pursue first. The book won. The story is narrated by a 14-year old whose life has been cut short by a monster. She is suspended in the after-life and witnesses the effect that her death has on her family, friends, the police and the murderer. A wonderful point of view with the right amount of everything. View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment